The main event this week was the second term test, and I had learned that solving proofs under time pressure could be very difficult and stressful. I found it very challenging to really understand what I was proving and to think of an example ( existential proof) of an instance that satisfied the proof. I was mainly stuck on the 2nd question for the majority of the test. I had written the proof structure for the 2nd and 3rd questions to ensure I would get at least part marks for them. It was not until after the term test I had realized that the 3rd proof on the test was extremely similar to the proof done in assignment 2. With a clear mind, I believe I would have been able realize this, but because of the time constraint and lack of review, sadly I was not.
I have learned that I should review much more than I did in preparation for this test.
It is tough to solve proofs under time pressure. If you're stuck on a question, try moving on and coming back to it later, your brain may be working on the solution in the background! I tend to complete questions on a test in order from easiest to hardest.
ReplyDelete