Thursday, 2 October 2014

Week 3~ Assignment 1

Assignment 1 is due this week, I feel as if completing this assignment as well as the tutorial exercise was good preparation and practice when applying the concepts learned in class. I feel as though this strengthened my understanding of how to convert logic statements in English into symbolic representations. I've read the lecture slides and am having trouble understanding proper proof format. I'm hoping the next tutorial exercise , before the test, covers this concept. I find exercises are the only opportunity to really enhance and apply your understanding of materials frequently.

On a side note, there's also a CSC148 assignment due soon, and I found what we learned in sets from this logic course, to be quite useful. When comparing if 2 sets have any common-items in python syntax, this lead to an easy implementation of a function for my CSC148 assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment