About 2 weeks prior to the term test I was extremely confused and frustrated with the lack of practice material. The only material available at the time was the exercises, lecture notes, and the online textbook. What I did not understand in lecture, was even harder to understand from just the textbook. At this point I was worried about the term test because I seemingly did not have any material to practice.
Soon after managing to complete assignment 1, I had found my understanding of the course material and certain concepts (especially translating symbolic logic to English and vise-versa ) was greatly strengthened. I quickly skimmed over lecture notes, finished the practice test, and completed my cheat sheet. To my surprise, the mid term was very similar to the practice test. The first 2 parts of the test seemed straight forward and simple, however the 3rd part of the test was confusing, especially under time constraint. Furthermore, since I had spent my remaining time attempting to finish question 3, I had no time to double-check my first 2 questions.
I believe the mistakes made during this test were simply due to an inexperience in test taking. (I hadn't taken a test since high school) Usual test taking strategies to conserve time and maximize results would've greatly helped me, but unfortunately I had not reviewed these concepts.
No comments:
Post a Comment