Friday, 17 October 2014

Week 5

Term test 1 marks were handed out this week, and to my surprise, I had received perfect. In my last blog I posted, and stated that I did not double check any of my answers and any mistakes were due to poor test-taking habits. Fortunately, these habits did not cost me marks on this particular test.

The material covered on term test 1 was tricky, perhaps not difficult, but I felt that it was quite easy to make mistakes. Unfortunately, i found the material taught this week to be rather confusing and difficult. (I do not have a strong background in math) Just the proof structures seem simple enough, with indentations, and concluding each different level of indent. This makes sense to me since I enjoy programming, but the difficult part is the center of the proof, and how to actually prove the statement. (usually with math)

I look forward to the tutorial exercises since I know in order to solve these, I will be forced to learn and develop at least some sense of how to approach proofs.

1 comment:

  1. That's great, but don't be surprised—doing well comes with understanding what you need to improve, and you seem to have a good grasp on that.

    The world is tricky, so the CS problems you'll face will be tricky. Getting used to expecting the 'trickiness' and dealing with it before it arises, is what will make you succeed as a computer scientists, so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete